Monday, September 04, 2006

My eyesight

My father always enjoyed photography. In addiction to the compact cameras, that would come and go as they broke, he had this old SLR camera that he had bought from a professional photographer. I remember since always he took me and my sister photos when we were little children. As every father he liked to make these records for memory. I’m glad he made them! Who doesn’t like to pick up an old album and bring to mind old times? But he also took some other beautiful photos, artistic ones. I realize now he has a great eye for this. I’m just pity he doesn’t make the use of his gift as he could.

Maybe because of him I have become more and more interested in photograph as I grew up. At the arrival of the digital era, I’ve started to take some photos just for myself. Digital cameras had this particularly advantage: inexpensive costs. You didn’t have to print it anymore. This gave me the liberty to take all the photos I wanted and not paying a cent! As I said, I started with a few photos. Photo after photo I began to learn and improve with my experiments. I started to ask my father for the basic, and I went on reading information on books and on the internet. I never went far on reading books. I’m not the theory kind of person. I like being on the field. So, I’ve learned the basics, and the rest I’ve learn with experience.

Some years ago I’ve decided to put my photos (or my work, if you could call that) on the internet. I started looking for a place to post them and I was lucky to found flickr.com, which was just in the beginning back then. It was in beta version, it was a new thing. I know now I couldn’t have chosen better. We can say flickr is for photos, like goolge is for web searching.

Now I can say I do make some photography. I have a lot to learn, but I hope to express in here what I've learned so far. Furthermore, because we can’t forget photography is an art, I consider my photos to be, not only images of what surrounds me, but a also my vision of them. They are my point of view. They are my angle. They are my eyesight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home