Friday, September 08, 2006

Urban Speed

Urban speed

Title: Urban Speed
Date: 2006/02/05
Location: Oporto's subway, Porto (Portugal)
Camera: Olympus c-3030 zoom
Aperture: F/6,3
Shutter speed: 1,6 s
ISO speed: 100
Edits: black and white


At the subway we find people of all races, shapes, religions, beliefs, classes… Most people don’t talk, but we know they have a lot to tell. They just sit there, minding their own business. Each one has their own story. Their family. Their friends. Their problems. Their hopes. Each one has an identity. Each one is unique.

And so these persons sit next to each other in the subway’s train. Not knowing if they’re ever going to cross each others again. What is fate going to bring to them?


Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

I was bruised and battered and I couldnt tell
What I felt
I was unrecognizable to myself
I saw my reflection in a window I didnt know
My own face
Oh brother are you gonna leave me
Wastin´away
On the streets of philadelphia

I walked the avenue till my legs felt like stone
I heard the voices of friends vanished and gone
At night I could hear the blood in my veins
Black and whispering as the rain
On the streets of philadelphia

Aint no angel gonna greet me
Its just you and I my friend
My clothes dont fit me no more
I walked a thousand miles
Just to slip the skin

The night has fallen, Im lyinawake
I can feel myself fading away
So receive me brother with your faithless kiss
Or will we leave each other alone like this
On the streets of philadelphia

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your photos!
You're talented in capturing what you see.
Keep it up!(=

10/09/2008 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home