Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sublime

Sublime

Title: Sublime
Date: 2006/02/05
Location: Somewhere at the forest near the village of Outeiro, Viseu (Portugal)
Camera: Olympus c-3030 zoom
Aperture: F/4,5
Shutter speed: 1/500 s
ISO speed: 100


Since I was a little boy, every year I spent some time at my grandfather’s homeland, a little village called Outeiro, located at the center of Portugal, near the city of Viseu. I guess it was there, where I would go for walks with my father, that I’ve learn to love and respect the nature and all its beauty and power.

I still go to Outeiro in the summer, and I still go for walks, or for strolls on the bicycle. I rarely leave my camera at home, so when I see something worth take a picture, I won’t miss that chance.

This summer, on one of these strolls, I’ve encountered a small bare place in the forest full of huge butterflies. They all looked the same, some bigger than others. They were all flying from flower to flower, from plant to plant. There were a large number of butterflies, but catching them on a photo wasn’t easy…

Approaching without scare them and make them flew away was difficult. I spend many, many minutes trying the best approach. Very slow movements were the trick. When I learnt that I got really close to them and make some fine shots. This one of them. And it’s this kind of contact that makes me realize one of these sublime and wonderful aspects of nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home